BAD FIRST IMPRESSIONS AT WORK
According to an article from Independent, ‘HALF OF WORKERS MAKE BAD FIRST IMPRESSIONS WHEN STARTING NEW JOBS‘.
Read the article https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/first-day-work-bad-impression-new-job-4imprint-a8351021.html and think about how important first impressions are at work, and brainstorm some of the worst things you could do to make a bad first impression. What is the worst first impression of all?
What would you do if you were in that situation? Give some advice or tips to fix bad first impressions at work. Read these links to find some inspiration:
You can also use this infographic to help you:
After that, YOUR TASK THIS WEEK will be recording a video (max. 3 minutes) on Flipgrid explaining the aforementioned. That is:
- How important first impressions are at work.
- Give examples of the worst things you could do to make a bad first impression at work and tell what you consider the worst first impression of all could be.
- Advice or tips to fix bad first impressions at work.
The DEADLINE is TUESDAY, the 9th JUNE!!
To do so, you will need your mobile phone or a computer with a webcam.
1) Think about what you are going to say ( I recommend making an outline first!)
2) If you are going to use your computer, go to https://info.flipgrid.com/. If you are going to use your phone, dowload the App Flipgrid.
3) Go to the box that says “Enter a flipgrid code” and introduce the code I sent you by email, then click on the arrow.
4) Read the instructions and the tip and then click on “Record a response” or on the round green icon with a white cross.
5) It will ask for a gmail or Microsoft email address (hotmail and msn emails are valid). Introduce an email address and you can record your video.
6) You can also watch your classmates’ videos and reply if you want!